Research, resources and publications
- Early Years and childcare research 2009-10
- Health and well-being research 2009-10
- Education, training and employment research 2009-10
- Safeguarding and social care research 2009-10
- Youth research 2009-10
- Strategy and working practice research 2009-10
- Cross-cutting research 2009-10
- Quality Matters in Children's Services: Messages from Research
In this section of the website you will find guidance, research, case studies and toolkits aimed at everyone who is working to provide childcare. You will also find detailed information about the government’s work for children in their early years.
You can use this section of the website to find publications. You can order many of these publications in hard copy from this area of the website.
A programme of research and evaluation is underway, which complements the government’s work in early years and childcare. In this section you will find key research and evaluation reports as well as findings from consultations, surveys and pilot projects supporting the programme.
A range of tools, case studies and links to further support for children’s centres, early years providers and local authorities. Key resources include the Sure Start communications toolkit, branding information for Sure Start Children’s Centres, and materials relating to recruitment, health and technology.