The Board sits for a minimum of ten times a year and is chaired by the HMRC Chairman.
The Board has the following responsibilities:
- Development and final approval of HMRC's overall strategy
- Development and final approval of the Department's communications strategy and sign off of significant HMRC communications identified within it
- Development and final approval of the culture and values objectives and strategies
- Approval of the final sub-strategies of lines of business and functions.
- Approval of final business plans (including the annual financial plan)
- Advise the Chief Executive on the appointment of senior executives
- Ensuring the strength of the top team by participating in the appointment of and advising on the ongoing competence of Board members, Executive Committee members and other key appointments
In approving the strategies and plans, the Board will ensure the views of HMRC's stakeholders are taken into account.
The Board also periodically reviews the work of the three sub-committees to assure the highest standards of corporate governance are in place.
- Mike Clasper CBE - Non-Executive Chairman
- Lesley Strathie - Chief Executive and Permanent Secretary
- Dave Hartnett CB - Permanent Secretary for Tax
- Melanie Dawes - Director General Business Tax
- Mike Eland CB - Director General Enforcement and Compliance
- Bernadette Kenny - Director General Personal Tax
- Steve Lamey - Director General Benefits and Credits
- Simon Bowles - Chief Finance Officer
- Mike Falvey - Chief People Officer
- Phil Pavitt - Chief Information Officer
- Anthony Inglese CB - General Counsel and Solicitor
- Colin Cobain - Non-Executive Director
- Mark Haysom CBE - Non-Executive Director
- Philippa Hird - Non-Executive Director
- Phil Hodkinson - Non-Executive Director
- John Spence - Non-Executive Director
- Dame Sue Street DCB - Non-Executive Director