Summary Information for vacancy - reference SEO 1009
Food Standards Agency
£25081 - £34389 Per Annum
City of London, Greater London, London
York, North Yorkshire, Yorkshire & Humberside
04 May 2010
Full time,Part time,Job share
No of vacancies
Field of work
The role will be responsible for working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to analyse current and future business processes to identify areas where efficiencies may be gained through e-enablement. Using a range of best practice tools and techniques, gather requirements that lead to the production of functional specification documents from which system specification documents can be produced by the Integrated Systems Development & Support team (ISD&S)
- To lead on the development of a comprehensive strategy for performing business analysis on behalf of ISTED, using government best practice tools and techniques.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to develop sound business process maps that ensure software deployment with minimal risk to the business, whilst prioritising their user requirements for potential ICT solutions to meet their needs, on a range of business issues.
- Direct responsibility for carrying out a full business analysis service on behalf of ISTED, giving expert advice and consultancy relating to the Agency’s business data and information needs by building close, constructive professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders and suppliers at all levels, always seeking to promote the ethos of “enter once share with many”.
- Produce clear and precise documentation including graphical representations of process & data flows and data models with the ability to explain to an audience comprising of technical and non technical staff and of all levels of seniority.
- To provide expert advice and consultancy on potential business solutions and work collaboratively with the Integrated Systems Development & Support in designing an appropriate application and assessing the impact of any changes, during the project/programme life cycle.
- Responsible for the creation of the business model to develop a common data model to underpin the development of the Agency’s Single Information Repository, providing the ability to share information between internal and external business systems.
Further details can be found in the job description
- Demonstrated ability to take the lead role in Business Analysis with proven experience of implementing industry best practice Business Analysis techniques.
- Experience of an industry standard analysis methodology. (e.g SSADM)
- Proven experience of working within an ICT department within a large complex organisation.
- ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis or willingness to undertake or complete such study and/or proven experience of operating at an equivalent level within a complex ICT environment.
- ITIL qualified or a willingness to undertake or complete such study and/or proven experience of operating at an equivalent level within a complex ICT environment.
- Proven ability to chair meetings effectively to achieve clear decisions on complex ICT issues.
- Proven ability to make decisions and plans based on the vision, direction and long term strategies of the Agency, Division and Team.
- Proven ability to explain and articulate the reasons for, and impact of, changes to wide a range of stakeholders.
- Experience of pro-actively seeking opportunities for continuous improvement within the department and acting upon findings to initiate improvements.
- Proven experience of providing Business Analysis services including successfully producing business, system and functional specifications including internal and external data flows and interdependencies from a sound ICT technical background.
For further details please see the job description
- A good understanding and experience of Business Process Re-engineering.
- Experience of performing Business Benefit Analysis and Realisation.
- PRINCE2 Foundation or Practitioner Project Management qualification.
CRB check required - No
Regulated by OCSC - No
Reserved for existing civil servants - No
Reserved for UK nationals - No
How to apply
Please complete the application form and return along with either a line manager’s reference or your most recent appraisal to:
06041094956_Line Manager Reference Form.doc
060410100408_JD Business Analyst v4.1.doc
06041095003_Equal Opportunities Form.doc
06041095011_Core Competency Framework.pdf
06041094948_External Application Form.doc
06041094900_External Advert 1009.doc