Summary Information for vacancy - reference 110n/04/10
Her Majesty's Courts Service
£12824 - £14912 Per Annum
DN1 3HT, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, Yorkshire & Humberside
21 April 2010
11 May 2010
Full time,Job share
No of vacancies
Field of work
The Court Usher acts as an essential first point of contact for all the court users involved in hearings. There will be regular contact with the judiciary, assisting the administrative staff with the smooth flow of court work. You will meet members of the public and their legal representatives, prepare court /hearing rooms, and complete documentation, as well as ensuring the court runs smoothly and efficiently.
Full Time, Monday to Friday 37 hours per week (excluding lunch). Suitable for part time or Job Share, however the exact working hours and pattern would need to be negotiated.
Duties may include:
1. Meet and greet court users and visitors.
2. Filling out forms
3. Swearing in witnesses during hearings
4. Calling people into court / hearing rooms
5. Answering face to face enquiries
6. Preparing the court / hearing room
7. Keeping parties informed of changes to hearing times
8. General clerical work, including use of computers
9. Ensuring judiciary have necessary papers
10. Providing support to colleagues & judiciary outside of court / hearing times
11. Switchboard assistance
2 GCSE’s or equivalent - at Grade C or above - one of which must be English Language,OR have recent experience of working with the public in a busy public service environment.
CRB check required - Yes
Regulated by OCSC - No
Reserved for existing civil servants - No
Reserved for UK nationals - No
How to apply
To obtain an application pack, candidates should download the documents from http://www.justice.gov.uk/about/jobs.htm
Braille and large format versions of the forms are available by phoning the Resourcing Services Centre on 0117 925 1192.