Expert Committee Support Officer
Summary Information for vacancy - reference LD118
Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency
£19579 - £20553 Per Annum
City of London, Greater London, London
15 April 2010
No of vacancies
Field of work
To assist managers with committee support activities for Medicines Act advisory body meetings.
• Preparing annual calendar of meetings and booking meeting rooms in advance.
• Uploading completed, bookmarked committee papers on to the MHRA Portal within 24 hours of receipt, posting hard copies as required and alerting members of the above via email
• Liaising with Agency professional staff regarding deadline dates for submission of committee papers and any follow-up action required for timely receipt
• Acting as first point of contact to committee members
• Ensuring that papers are loaded on to the Agency’s electronic document management system and made accessible to Agency professional staff via a hyperlinked agenda one week before the meeting date
• Ensuring that meeting rooms are set up an hour and a half before the meeting and that papers are disposed of securely
• Processing submission of members’ fees/expense claims within 24 hours of receipt to 100% accuracy to the paymaster. This will include any follow up action required from members e.g. non-payment
• Arranging meeting lunches and refreshments
• Maintaining the database of signed minutes
• Assisting in maintaining Licensing division website
• Any ad hoc tasks required
• Maintaining accurate statistics on meeting attendance and electronic working
• Drafting contributions for statutory committees, independent review panels and Expert Advisory Groups
• Collecting declarations of interests from current and retired members
• Organising and chairing meetings as required
• Accurately maintaining membership, finance and agenda spreadsheets
1. A high degree of IT/computer literacy with proven experience of using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook. Applicants invited to interview will be tested on one or more of these applications.
2. Excellent organisational skills with ability to prioritise, multi-task and meet tight deadlines, with the flexibility to accommodate changing priorities.
3. Proven ability to solve problems and act proactively to foresee and correct future difficulties.
4. Proven ability to work quickly, effectively and accurately under pressure whilst maintaining a high standard of work and paying attention to detail.
5. Proven team working skills to work across functions and multi-disciplinary teams throughout the Agency.
6. Excellent verbal communication skills, demonstrating a high level of professionalism and diplomacy and the ability to communicate confidently with internal and external stakeholders.
7. Excellent written communication skills, with particular emphasis on drafting documents.
8. Exceptional customer service skills, with ability to build relationships at senior levels.
CRB check required - No
Regulated by OCSC - No
Reserved for existing civil servants - No
Reserved for UK nationals - No
How to apply
If these challenges inspire you, you can download our application form, HR information form and further information at our website at www.mhra.gov.uk. You can send your completed application form and HR information form, quoting the reference number via email to email@example.com or by fax 020 7084 2522. We strongly encourage electronic applications.