Technology Design Authority
Summary Information for vacancy - reference 0289CSDE
+ 10% Responsibility Allowance
Whitehall, Greater London, London
12 April 2010
No of vacancies
Field of work
Corporate ServicesThe Corporate Services Directorate provides corporate systems, services and facilities to enable HM Treasury Group to deliver effectively and efficiently. It consists of Group Finance, Human Resources, Group Procurement, Information and Workplace Solutions (IWS), Treasury Group Internal Audit, Knowledge Management and Treasury Legal Advisers. The RoleThe role is based within IWS – the HM Treasury centre for IS. The successful candidate is likely to have had professional experience within the IT security field as well as experience in ICT solution delivery.
HMT Range E = Civil Service Grades 7 & 6
1. Develop, maintain and publish an enterprise architecture and a technology blueprint working at with senior management and corporate strategists..2. Ensure that all agreed projects are scoped to maximise opportunities for technology convergence and business application integration.3. Track emerging technologies, Integrate new technologies into the Enterprise blueprint, as appropriate4. Develop policies and standards to underpin the successful delivery of architecture plans5. Publish and maintain technical standards to support the architecture blueprints6. Own and approve all technical design decisions throughout the Department. Reviews and approves proposed technical designs to ensure alignment with enterprise architecture7. Security accredits all new and existing ICT systems8. Monitors and approves the implementation of hardware and software changes and enhancements to ensure that design rules and security standards are not breached and, as appropriate, ensures that design and security implications are considered at Change Control Committees9. Works closely with CSIA and CESG to ensure the Department is following the latest advice on data handling and information assurance10. Ensures that the architecture plans that underpin the infrastructure for IT Disaster Recovery (DR) are appropriate, resilient and robust. Quality assures technology elements of DR tests.
1. A management qualification (DipMS/MBA)
2. MSCE or equivalent industry technology qualification
1. Public Sector security models and frameworks
2. Information Architecture
3. Change Management with Security Design
CRB check required - Yes
Regulated by OCSC - No
Reserved for existing civil servants - No
Reserved for UK nationals - No
How to apply
To apply for this post, you should complete an application form and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org , copying in email@example.com, quoting the job reference number in your e-mail.