Chief Information Officer
Summary Information for vacancy - reference IRC43639
Marine Fisheries Agency
£52708 - £63170 Per Annum
Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, North East
08 April 2010
No of vacancies
Field of work
Develop and implement ICT strategies, policies, programmes and schedules for MFA/MMO business data processing, computer services, network communications, and management information services to accomplish corporate goals and objectives.
For full details please go to http://www.mfa.gov.uk/recruitment/vacancies.htm.
• Changing with pace
• Delivering in partnership
• Making effective decisions
• Making things happen
• Leading and Influencing
Role specific competencies:
• Developing high performance
• Thinking with vision
• Delivering value for money
Essential criteria for this role:
• Degree level qualification, ideally at Masters Level, and significant relevant work experience of developing and managing implementation of ICT strategies.
• Significant operational responsibility within a technology environment
• Significant experience of working on large scale projects in a senior project and programme management role
• Programme and Project Management industry qualifications to Practitioner level (eg MSP, PRINCE 2, PMP)
• Liaising and influencing at board level.
Demonstrable experience of:
• A track record of hands-on operational change.
• Broad understanding of IT systems and the major risks presented in complex development projects, including those involving distributed development teams.
• Substantial working knowledge and recent working experience of project management methodologies, including the PRINCE2 framework, and be able to build effective relationships within the project team, fostering a positive and cooperative working environment.
• Customer focused, have strong leadership abilities and well-developed commercial skills, including managing multiple parties including senior managers and third party vendors on high profile and technologically innovative solutions.
• Strong decision making skills.
• ICT System and Supplier Management. Liaison with ICT suppliers and contractors.
• Good interpersonal and presentational skills in addition to well developed networking skills with experience of working in multidisciplinary consortia and partnerships.
• The ability to lead the team, manage resources and prioritise effectively, including budget management.
• Knowledge of implementation and operation of Quality Management Systems (eg ISO9001:2000)
• Ability to create a sense of community amongst disparate members of the programme teams.
• The ability to manage and mitigate risk.
Desirable criteria for this role:
• ITIL service management principles
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
CRB check required - No
Regulated by OCSC - No
Reserved for existing civil servants - No
Reserved for UK nationals - No
How to apply
Apply online http://www.mfa.gov.uk/recruitment/vacancies.htm