Summary Information for vacancy - reference 1415
£20500 Per Annum
TW9 4DU, Richmond upon Thames, Greater London, London
12 April 2010
22 April 2010
No of vacancies
Field of work
The post holder forms part of the transaction processing teams within the financial accounting function of the organisation. The role will be primarily focused on Accounts Payables with a developing role with responsibility for the accurate and timely recording of the core financial transactions of the organisation, notably:
• Accounts Payables
• Accounts Receivables
• Cash Accounting
• Reporting Fixed Assets.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Reporting to a Finance Manager the role holder will:
• Ensure accurate and timely input into the finance system and e-procurement system (iPOS) of the transactions relevant to their area of responsibility
• Process manual and electronic payments through the banking system
• Ensure that transactions are analysed and appropriately coded
• Prepare / assist (as appropriate) with reconciliations of key accounts / balances e.g. cash book, petty cash, control accounts etc.
• Resolve queries from suppliers, customers and colleagues on payments, receipts, and the coding of transactions etc.
• Produce analysis of key accounts such as aged debtors / creditors, make up of fixed assets
• Ensure the change machines on site are audited on a monthly basis
• Provide cover for other transaction processing staff
• Initiate / contribute to improvements in the transactional processes
• Experience of working within a financial environment and of using accounting systems
• Experience of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
• Good numeracy skills and strong attention to detail
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Ability to use own initiative to resolve issues
• Team player, with a flexible approach, willing to assist with various ‘ad hoc’ tasks when needed
• A positive 'can do' approach. Deadline orientated
• Experience of an e-procurement system (e.g. iPOS)
• Experience of staff management
• Experience of Sun Accounts
• AAT (or similar) qualification
CRB check required - Yes
Regulated by OCSC - No
Reserved for existing civil servants - No
Reserved for UK nationals - No
How to apply
Please use the following link to download an application form http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/documents/applicationform.doc and email it along with your supporting statement to email@example.com.
Please quote reference number 1415 in the subject line.
For further information: Please contact the Recruitment Team on 020 8392 5203
Nationality Rules: Applicants must be British or Commonwealth citizens with the right to live and work in the UK, or nationals of states of the European Union.
Closing date: 12th April 2010 at midday
Inteviews: 22nd April 2010