Summary Information for vacancy - reference B5OWSE
Health and Safety Executive
RG24 9NW, Basingstoke, Hampshire, South East
12 April 2010
Full time,Part time,Job share
No of vacancies
Field of work
The aim of the job is to establish better links with the migrant worker community, raise awareness of health and safety rights and responsibilities in the workplace and improve intelligence of migrant worker workplace health and safety concerns. You will be required to work alongside partner organisations at various locations across the South East of England. A clean, current, up to date driving licence is desirable.
This is a frontline job, requiring the successful applicant to:
• Be fluent in Punjabi with a good knowledge Urdu or Hindi, with a good command of spoken and written English.
• Deal with individual workplace queries or complaints, establish trust and confidence, summarise facts, seek advice and translate this into a language and context that migrant workers are able to relate to and understand.
• Plan, organise and secure speakers, and materials for group sessions and events on workplace health and safety topics.
• Source and write contributions on health and safety for inclusion on migrant worker websites and newsletters.
• Gather information about workplace health and safety concerns by keeping reports and records and carrying out surveys.
You will need to be fluent speakers of either Punjabi, preferably with a good knowledge of Urdu or Hindi, with good command of spoken and written English
• Communicates openly,clearly and consistently with people.
• Persuades and influences people.
• Builds and maintains a useful network of contacts
• Manages own time and resources effectively
CRB check required - Yes
Regulated by OCSC - Yes
Reserved for existing civil servants - No
Reserved for UK nationals - No
How to apply