SEO Infrastructure Manager
Summary Information for vacancy - reference DSA/01/10/EXT/1
Driving Standards Agency
£33052 - £38400 Per Annum
NG1 6LP, East Midlands
07 April 2010
No of vacancies
Field of work
Develop, lead and implement developments to the Agency’s IT network and infrastructure to support key corporate objectives.
Lead the IT Infrastructure Project team to ensure the system’s capabilities are maximised and business requirements are met.
Develop and maintain relationships with external suppliers, other Government departments and DSA project teams to support business objectives.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
The IT Infrastructure Manager will manage the support and development of the DSA IT infrastructure.
• Monitoring of the outsourced contractor maintained application, network and infrastructure using network monitoring tools. Attendance at meetings and Monthly Service review to ensure the best service is available to users.
• Identifying and implementing functional, performance and quality improvements to the network.
• Support in relation to wider government IT initiatives, including shared services centres for finance and HR systems and green ICT agenda
• Support the work necessary to get DSA’s IT Infrastructure to the standards required by the GSI Code of Connection and to work closely with the Information Security team and outsourced contractors to ensure the work is completed in a timely manner.
• Be involved in projects/project team member of projects delivered using IT, to ensure that IT Infrastructure capacity requirements are not exceeded, and that new systems are suitable for inclusion on the network. Ensure budgets are managed correctly for ICT projects.
• Providing technical advice and recommendations on new IT purchases for users and projects and ensure compatibility with the existing infrastructure..
• Management of Telecoms network and contract management of all related contracts.
• Management of Network and Telecoms staff, including annual and ongoing reporting on staff deliverables and performance.
• Work on gateway reviews for projects carried out by DSA (training provided).
Have ITIL (ISEB) Service Management practitioner level qualification(s) or be willing to work towards.
Experience of managing or maintaining Local Area and Wide Area Networks, including server and desktop computer systems, and software applications.
Experience of working in a project management environment, preferably with an understanding of Prince 2 methodology.
CRB check required - Yes
Regulated by OCSC - Yes
Reserved for existing civil servants - No
Reserved for UK nationals - No
How to apply
Candidates apply for this vacancy via the DfT Shared Service Centre E-Recruitment Portal.
To register and search for vacancies on the Portal please refer to the External Candidate Guidance document attached below and access the Portal by holding down ‘Ctrl’ on your keyboard and clicking on the following hyperlink:
Alternatively please copy and paste the above link into your web browser.
Vacancy Closes on 7.4.2010 at 4:00pm.
240310122937_Attendance Mgment Dec V1 0 U JAN35.doc
250310101350_Role Profile - DSA.01.10.rtf
240310122908_NEW External Candidate Guidance V2 0 (4).pdf