HEO Test Analyst
Summary Information for vacancy - reference PROG6200
Identity and Passport Service (IPS)
£26867 - £34564 Per Annum
City of Westminster, Greater London, London
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, East of England
19 April 2010
No of vacancies
Field of work
Working within one of the central integration functions that make up the National Identity Service (NIS) Programme, you will contribute to all test and acceptance activities including test assurance, the development of acceptance test plans, reviewing test documentation and undertaking of acceptance test activities.
The primary location can be London or Peterborough. However you will be required to work at the supplier site for part of the week - possible sites are Aldershot, Farnborough and Peterborough.
Salary is dependant on location: London - £31,421 - £34,564 / National - £26,867 - £29,555
• Review and comment on supplier test and acceptance and implementation documentation
• Produce test assurance documentation for each programme and the scheme
• Produce test and implementation plans to support programme integration testing
• Provide technical responses to test issues and questions arising
• Facilitate, undertake and document tests and outcomes
• Prepare briefings, test reports and documents as required for programme management and reviews
• Identify and establish test infrastructure and appropriate test aids
• Manage defects lists
• Ensure that risks associated with testing and implementation are identified and managed in accordance with risk management processes and procedures
• Professional Leadership - Responsible for actively managing personal and professional development
• Test Assurance Plans
• Test Scripts
• Test Reports
• Technical test advice
1. Experience of analysing business problems / issues and making recommendations to address these
2. Testing: Level 3 (from the SFIA framework)
Reviews requirements and specifications, and defines test requirements for smaller projects. Creates simple test cases and test scripts. Interprets and executes moderately complex test scripts, mapping back to pre-determined criteria, recording and reporting outcomes. Provides specialist advice to support others. Analyses and reports test activities and results. Identifies and reports issues and risks.
3. Business Process Testing: Level 4 (from the SFIA framework)
Specifies and develops test scenarios to test that new/updated processes deliver improved ways of working for the end user at the same time as delivering efficiencies and planned business benefits. Records and analyses test results, and reports any unexpected or unsatisfactory outcomes. Uses test plans and outcomes to specify user instructions.
4. Methods and Tools: Level 3 (derived from the SFIA framework)
Experience in the use of appropriate methods and tools.
5. Stakeholder Relationship Management: Level 4 (derived from the SFIA framework)
Identifies relevant stakeholders. Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders. Captures and disseminates technical and business information.
• Experience of fault diagnosis relating to moderately complex problems
• An understanding of Business Risk Management
• Accredited Programme & Project Management training
CRB check required - No
Regulated by OCSC - Yes
Reserved for existing civil servants - No
Reserved for UK nationals - No
How to apply
If you are currently a civil servant, please apply for the role via the following link:
If you are not currently a civil servant, please apply for the role via the following link: