Summary Information for vacancy - reference OPS0152RR
National Policing Improvement Agency (NPIA)
£19800 - £21780 Per Annum
NW9 5JE , City of London, Greater London, London
16 April 2010
No of vacancies
Field of work
The Operations Directorate offers a wide range of services to support everyday policing. It manages services that support police investigations and help bring offenders to justice.
The post holder will:
• Provide a safe and secure environment for staff, visitors and delivery personnel
• Provide up-to-date information for/on staff, visitors and goods entering and leaving premises
• Escort all visitors and delivery personnel (without security clearance)
• Ensure all NPIA policies and procedures are adhered to by conducting spot checks
• Perform bag and vehicle searches on any person on entry/exit
• Check and collate information on goods deliveries and collections
• Perform internal and external patrols of the premises at regular intervals
The successful candidate must have:
• Experience (Microsoft Office package) of computerised security and access control systems.
• Excellent verbal communication skills and reasonable written skills required.
• Good health and be reasonably fit and mobile.
• An awareness and commitment to promoting equal opportunities.
• A background in security, corporate reception work, with experience of conflict management and customer service.
• Familiarity with CCTV operation.
• The ability to work shift patterns encompassing a 24/7 365 day a year rota.
CRB check required - No
Regulated by OCSC - No
Reserved for existing civil servants - No
Reserved for UK nationals - No
How to apply
For further information, please go to the job description associated with this vacancy.
An application pack can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or downloaded from our website at www.npia.police.uk/vacancies
If you have any queries please call 01256 602916 Please send completed application forms to the email address above, or to the HR Department, Bramshill, Hook, Hampshire, RG27 0JW.
Starting salary will be in the range set out above with potentially more available for exceptional candidates. The full range of pay and benefits can be viewed on the Rewards and Benefits Package Section of our website.
This position also includes 20% shift allowance and weekend premia.