Summary Information for vacancy - reference 090034
Central Office of Information
£25210 - £29561 Per Annum
07 April 2010
No of vacancies
Field of work
You’ll provide outstanding business management and admin support to a team of PR experts, helping them deliver cost-effective and creative campaigns. Producing high quality presentation materials and managing supplier and client accounting, you’ll undertake a wide variety of tasks to keep the office running smoothly.
A willingness to help out wherever needed is essential, as is the ability to handle the basics really well within a fast-moving working environment. We’ll expect you to take the initiative, using your experience in office and business management, and in client handling.
• Provide financial management of supplier and client invoices and provide maintenance of contact databases as well as creating and maintaining an adequate filing system
• Provide full office support and clerical back up; arranging meetings, co-ordinating diaries, booking appointments, dealing with telephone queries and taking minutes of meetings.
• Provide expertise and advice on in-house software and other corporate systems linking into COI finance, human resources and facilities management.
• Take an active role in the diary/time management of the office; management of sickness and leave absence and supporting the regional team in its efficiency and delivery
• Assist in the logistics of arranging and planning media and publicity elements of PR events, photo calls and Ministerial visits
• Assist in the development and creation of presentations (especially Powerpoint), reports, coverage packages to a high quality.
• Undertake training to produced edited film clips for online use.
• Management of supplier contracts such as photocopiers, train & hotel suppliers among others.
• Taking control of supplier deliveries, organisation of store room facilities and storage.
Client handling (internal and external)
• Provide day to day contact point for internal and external clients, acting as a first port of call on accounts, billing, invoicing and ad-hoc queries
• Seek ways to highlight good outcomes to internal and external clients
• Seek out opportunities to grow skills and knowledge for the general good of the whole team
• Seek out best practice examples from a wide range of sources and share knowledge and ideas.
• Building an understanding of Government communications, particularly news and campaigns
Financial and office management skills
• Proactively feeds back to colleagues on client work
• Balances team success with personal development/achievement
• Takes responsibility for delivering work to deadline
• Is a ‘team player’
• Can communicate effectively at all levels, from junior team members to senior management
• Pays attention to detail
• Is energetic
• Is creative
• Is professional and trustworthy
• Is able to work effectively under pressure
• Is friendly, willing and approachable
News & PR knowledge
• Has a basic understanding of Government and/or public administration and governance
• Demonstrates an awareness of Government marketing campaigns
• Is able to build strong relationships with media, stakeholders & clients
• Willing and eager accept and seek challenges
• Looks for ways to support colleagues in day to day activities
• Is passionate about COI and keen to develop new skills
• Takes responsibility for own development
• Is a good ambassador for COI
• A minimum of - 5 GCSE (A*- C) including maths, or equivalent
• Driving licence
• Proven ability to use MS Office software including Word, Powerpoint and Excel
• Minimum of 2 years working in a business environment
• Evidence of further or higher education
• Evidence of professional or inhouse training and development
CRB check required - Yes
Regulated by OCSC - No
Reserved for existing civil servants - No
Reserved for UK nationals - Yes
How to apply
Ready to apply? Please go to http://coi.gov.uk/careers and fill in the online application form.
Closing Date: 7th April 2010