Programme Planning & Dependency Manager
Summary Information for vacancy - reference PPP0378R
National Policing Improvement Agency (NPIA)
£32500 - £35750 Per Annum
SW1P 4DF, City of London, Greater London, London
20 April 2010
No of vacancies
Field of work
Planning, Programme and Project Management
This role sits within the NPIA’s Schengen Information System (SISII) Programme, which will connect the UK to the Schengen Information System which is currently in use within Europe helping law enforcement agencies work closer together to combat international crime and improve safety in the EU.
You will be working within the Policing Policy and Practice (PPP) directorate, which is responsible for the strategic planning, development, evaluation and co-ordination of change and improvement in policing on behalf of the police service and government. It develops and promotes research and knowledge resources for policing and criminal justice, making them available nationally and internationally. It also develops and oversees the implementation of evidence-based good practice. This Directorate also includes Planning and Performance Management.
The post holder will:
- Develop, own and manage the planning process for the UK’s Programme and its constituent projects
- Develop, own and manage the SIS II Programme Plan and programme-level delivery schedule
- Develop, implement and assure the Dependency Management Process across the Programme to standard levels of application and consistency
- Act as a member of the SIS II Programme Assurance Team providing delivery assurance via effective progress monitoring and status reports to the Programme Delivery Manager
- Line manage direct reports supporting them in their personal development
The successful candidate must have:
- Substantial experience of working in a similar role in a large Public Sector or corporate programme environment
- Thorough knowledge of a formal Project and Programme Management Methodology and experienced in the application of PRINCE2 across a number of projects
- Thorough knowledge of Information Technology Programme and Project Planning approaches, tools and techniques
- Thorough knowledge of industry standard tools and techniques for Dependency Analysis and Management
CRB check required - No
Regulated by OCSC - No
Reserved for existing civil servants - No
Reserved for UK nationals - No
How to apply
For further information, please go to the job description associated with this vacancy.
An application pack can be requested by emailing email@example.com or downloaded from our website at www.npia.police.uk/vacancies
If you have any queries please call 01256 602683 Please send completed application forms to the email address above, or to the HR Department, Bramshill, Hook, Hampshire, RG27 0JW.
18031011006_JD_SIS Programme Planning Dependency Manager.pdf