NICE guidance is:
- designed to promote good health and prevent ill health
- produced by the people affected by our work, including health and social care professionals, patients and the public
- based on the best evidence
- transparent in its development, consistent, reliable and based on a rigorous development process
- good value for money, weighing up the cost and benefits of treatments
- internationally recognised for its excellence.
Guidance research recommendations
Research recommendations are all unanswered research questions that emerge during the development of NICE guidance.
Patient safety solutions pilot
NICE and the National Patient Safety Agency (NPSA) pilot project to produce guidance addressing patient safety in the NHS.