Corporate logo

in

Sites for Gypsies and Travellers

Last post 27/08/2007, 3:05 PM by Hannah lynch. 0 replies.

To participate in this forum you must Sign in

Sort posts: Previous Next
  • Sites for Gypsies and Travellers

This forum ran from 27 September 2006 to 8 December 2006 and is now closed.

This discussion on Gypsy and Traveller site design is now closed. I would like to thank everyone that has contributed, and I hope that you found this to be as useful as I did.

We have recieved posts from a wide variety of contributors, including, I am pleased to say, some of the people that these sites are being designed for – Gypsies and Travellers. There seems to be an agreement that sites need to have good basic facilites and also that access to local services is important. Some contributors felt strongly that height barriers should not be present on sites. There also seems to be a preference for small sites over large ones.

There is likely to be further consultation on this guidance in the New Year, however, if you have any queries the Gypsy and Traveller Unit can be contacted at gypsies@communities.gsi.gov.uk

Meanwhile, please take the time afterwards to fill in part two of the Hansard Society’s evaluation survey, which will help us to evaluate this online consultation.

Hannah Lynch
    Policy Advisor
    Gypsy and Traveller Unit

View as RSS news feed in XML

To participate in this forum you must Sign in

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -