Directorate of Security and Intelligence
What is our key responsibility?
The primary responsibility of the DSI is to ensure that the Prime Minister and other senior ministers are well served on cross-government intelligence policy and security issues.
How do we support the Government?
- Provide the secretariat to the National Security, International Relations and Development Ministerial Sub-Committee on Intelligence (NSID(I)).
- Provide the secretariat to the Permanent Secretaries Sub-Committee on Intelligence (NSID(I)(O)) and the Official Committee on Security (SO).
- Support the Cabinet Secretary and the Prime Minister's Security Adviser in their roles coordinating security and intelligence policy and funding.
- Facilitate the maintenance of one agreed set of requirements and priorities for intelligence collection and assessment.
- Provide coordination and management of National Security cases across government and the Security and Intelligence community.
- Work closely with national security authorities and security professionals to deliver a security policy framework for Government covering all aspects of physical, personnel and information security.
Who are our key client departments?
- Number 10
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO)
- Ministry of Defence (MOD)
- Home Office
- HM Treasury
- Ministry of Justice (MOJ)
- Business, Innovation and Skill (BIS)
- The Security and Intelligence Agencies.