Wednesday 24 March 2010
The Chancellor of the Exchequer presented his Budget to Parliament today, 24 March 2010. All of the published Budget Notes, Press Notices and other supplementary documents are available by following the links in the left hand menu.
Summaries of the main announcements which affect HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) customers and links to more details are also outlined below.
Additional publications relating to the Budget Report will also be available from the HM Treasury website (Opens new window).
Main announcements affecting HMRC customers
- Individuals - Personal Tax, Tax Credits, Child Benefit, National Insurance contributions
- Businesses - large corporations, small & medium sized Enterprises, partnerships, self-employed
- Enforcement and Compliance
- Tax and duties - rates, thresholds, limits
- Trusts and Charities
- Stamp Duty Land Tax - Two year holiday period for first time buyers and new rate on expensive properties
- Saving Gateway