About to make a purchase, or pay for services? Check this section first - it contains guidance and useful information about what to bear in mind before you buy.
Here's where to start:
- Scams, counterfeit goods, disputes and doorstep selling - there are lots of things to Be aware of
- Thinking of buying online, or from a door to door salesman? Read more in Buying at home
- From cars to computers, home improvements to holidays, we offer advice about goods and services in If you're thinking about
- Need a financial adviser, or are you looking for a loan? See Money & Credit
- Internet auctions, online supermarkets, how to stay safe: all you need to know about Online shopping
- Know your rights and plan ahead - labelling, guarantees, contracts, codes of practice and borrowing money are all important Things to think of
Please note that Consumer Direct cannot provide advice on particular products or services - this information is available from other sources, such as Which?, and comparative information in trade press, specialist magazines or other publications.