Allocation of funds
Action may be required
Capital Investment Fund
Capital for learning and teaching, research and infrastructure 2008-2011
This document sets out the arrangements for the Capital Investment Fund, which includes capital funding for learning and teaching, research and infrastructure capital for higher education institutions for 2008 to 2011.
|To:||Heads of HEFCE-funded higher education institutions
Heads of HEFCE-funded further education colleges
|Of interest to those responsible for:||Senior management, Finance, Estates, IT|
|Publication date:||January 2008|
|Enquiries to:||Ian Lewis
tel 0117 931 7336
Annexes A and B
1. This document sets out the arrangements for the Capital Investment Fund, which includes capital funding for learning and teaching, research and infrastructure capital for higher education institutions (HEIs) for 2008 to 2011.
2. The allocations to HEIs under the Capital Investment Fund are determined by formulae.
3. Using these formulae, we have allocated £1,086 million as the Learning and Teaching Capital Investment Fund and £1,276 million as the Research Capital Investment Fund.
4. These allocations can be used to invest in HEIs' supporting infrastructure. The allocations are at Annex A.
5. Annex B includes details of indirectly funded activity included within HEIs' Learning and Teaching Capital Investment Fund allocations.
6. Where institutions have satisfied the requirements of the Capital Investment Framework, no further action is required.
7. Where HEIs are not yet able to demonstrate that they meet the requirements of the framework, we will continue with the present requirements for programme and project-level information.