Respond by 25 January 2002
FDTL phase four
Invitation to bid for funds under phase four of the Fund for the Development of Teaching and Learning
1. This document describes the timetable and funding arrangements for phase four of the Fund for the Development of Teaching and Learning (FDTL).
2. The FDTL programme is part of the subject strand of the Teaching Quality Enhancement Fund and is supported by the HEFCE and the Department for Employment and Learning (DEL) in Northern Ireland. Applications may be made by HEFCE-funded institutions and DEL-funded institutions either individually or within consortia.
3. The aims of phase four of the FDTL are to stimulate developments in learning and teaching and to secure the widest possible involvement of institutions in the take-up and implementation of good practice.
4. Phase four of the FDTL will cover the 13 subject areas assessed by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education in the period October 1998 to September 2000. The subjects are listed at Annex A.
5. Phase four of the FDTL will be funded over the three-year period 2002 to 2005.
6. There will be three levels of funding for individual projects:
7. There will be a two-stage application process.
8. Priority areas for learning and teaching development are detailed in Annexes E and F.
9. First stage bids, using the form at Annex B, should be sent to Sarah Howls at the HEFCE no later than midday on 25 January 2002.