We help over 2 million people access justice each year
The Legal Services Commission runs the legal aid scheme in England and Wales.
We work in partnership with solicitors and not-for-profit organisations to get people the information, advice and legal help they need to deal with a wide range of problems.
Our vision is to make sure people can access the help they need to address their problems.
The Community Legal Service helps people with civil legal problems such as family breakdown, debt and housing.
The Criminal Defence Service helps people who are under police investigation or facing criminal charges.
- Press release: LSC announces postponement of civil bid rounds for 2010 contracts
- Amendments to family graduated fee scheme coming
- Press release: Legal aid - 60 years of justice for all
- Civil Bid Rounds for 2010 Contracts - procurement plans
- We publish best value tendering consultation response
- Family Graduated Fee scheme (FGF) amendments