About online services
A range of online services are available covering a range of taxes and benefits provided by both HMRC and a number of commercial suppliers. Irrespective of which supplier you decide to use our online services offer a quick, convenient, safe and secure way to deal with a whole range of tax, excise and benefit related issues. They allow you to:
- access real time accounts and amend information such as contact details
- check eligibility and submit claims for benefits
- submit tax, excise and other returns and declarations and pay electronically
On this page:
- Online Services - options available
- Login or Register for HMRC Online Services
- Commercial software suppliers
- HMRC Service availability
- Information for commercial suppliers
- Changes to our HMRC Online Services
- Further information
The information on this page gives an overview of what you can do online, and provides links to the specific information and online services that are relevant to you - whether you're an individual, a business, or a software developer.
To use or register for a service, please select from below:
- Log in to My Services for Taxes and Tax Credits
- Log in to My Services for VAT, Customs, Excise and International Trade duties
You can choose to file online using 'internet filing enabled software' and full details of the services and supplier are available to view.
We aim to provide continuous availability of HMRC Online Services. However, there will be occasions when the services are not available because:
- we are enhancing them
- we have planned maintenance to ensure the resilience of our services
- we are fixing a problem that has occurred
We will endeavour to keep disruption to a minimum and apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused.
You can view any current important issues that you may come across using our online services. We will let you know what to do if you are affected.
If you're building software to connect with HMRC Online Services, it's essential to ensure that you keep up to date with our plans - and we keep up to date with yours. Our commercial suppliers pages will help you find the specifications, technical notes and contacts you need to build software that works with our Online Services. You will also find details there of the availability of the Test Services we provide for developers.
Over the next few years, we're changing the way you have to manage and pay a number of taxes. In many cases, this will mean that the only way to file returns will be online and you'll have to make payment electronically.
To find out more about the services we offer please select from the list below: