In this section:
- Child Benefit rates
- When is your next Child Benefit payment due?
- When to expect your first Child Benefit payment
- Understanding your Child Benefit Award Notice
- Bank holidays and Child Benefit payments
- Child Benefit payments stopped or gone down?
- How Child Benefit, tax credits and Guardian's Allowance are paid
- How to change your bank account details for Child Benefit payments
- Child Benefit overpayments
- You haven't received your usual Child Benefit payment
Child Benefit - date of next payment
Child Benefit payments are usually paid every four weeks and in some cases weekly. If you are already getting Child Benefit every four weeks you can check when your next payment is due by putting the last two numbers of your Child Benefit number into the box below. You can find your Child Benefit number on any forms or letters that we send you.
Get your next payment date
Bank holiday payments
If your payment is due to be paid on a bank holiday you will get this a little earlier than normal, usually the last working day before the bank holiday. Payments due after the bank holiday will be paid on your normal Monday or Tuesday pay date and not earlier.