In this section:
- Your tax return: the basics
- File your tax return online
- Your tax bill, payments, deadlines, corrections and refunds
- Appeals, penalties and tax enquiries
- Tax returns if you're self-employed or in a partnership
- Dealing with a tax return for someone who has died
- Tax returns for trustees or charities
- Tax returns for registered pension schemes
- Tax returns, forms and help sheets
Your tax return: the basics
Introduction to Self Assessment What Self Assessment means, who needs to complete a tax return, types of tax return and more.
Do you need to complete a tax return? Find out if you need to complete a Self Assessment tax return and how to get one if you do.
Completing your tax return (individuals and directors) Information you'll need to complete your tax return, key steps, common mistakes, where to get help.
Record keeping (individuals and directors) What records you need to keep for your tax return and for how long.
Tax return deadlines and penalties The key deadlines for sending in your tax return and paying any tax due, automatic penalties and interest payable if you're late.
Understanding and using Self Assessment Online Benefits of filing your tax return online, viewing statements online, tax returns and other pages you can send, how to sign up.
Understanding your tax calculation Your Self Assessment tax calculation explained, why it's important to check it and tell us if you think it is wrong.
Understanding your Self Assessment Statement Your Self Assessment Statement explained, how to check the figures and change Payments on Account.
How to pay your tax Paying your tax online, by telephone banking or other methods including PAYE (Pay As You Earn) through your tax code.
What to do if you can't pay your tax bill Who to contact if you can't pay your tax bill on time and how to make arrangements to pay by instalments or pay late.