Framework for the inspection of maintained schools in England from September 2009
Date: 23 Jul 2009
Reference Number: 090019
The final version of the Framework was published on 23 July 2009 - see the news story.
This is the Framework that Ofsted will be inspecting maintained schools against from September 2009.
- Evaluation schedule of judgements for schools inspected under section five of the Education Act 2005, from September 2009 sets out the judgements that inspectors will make and report on from September 2009.
- Conducting school inspections is designed to assist inspectors of schools in their work
- The main inspection documents for inspectors page has links to key documents
Material from the June 2009 dissemination conferences
Ofsted held conferences in June 2009 to disseminate the new Framework. Materials from them are also available from this page.
- Conference slideshow
- New inspection judgement form
- Tackling the new SEF (self-evaluation form): materials for table discussions*
*Important: schools should use the final Tackling the new SEF and not the conferences materials version.
Download the full publication and available documents
Please note: Ofsted is grateful for any comments. Your comment is intended to help improve the FAQs facility only. If you require help, please go to contact us.