The Strategy Unit works with Whitehall departments to help promote a strategic approach to policymaking and to build strategic capability.
It achieves this by:
- joint working with departments on projects and other work
- secondments and loans of staff into and out of the Unit
- co-locating some Strategy Unit staff and teams in departments
- running a regular seminar programme to share experience and best practice in strategy and policy work
- development of a Strategy Survival Guide setting out best practice in strategy work