Consultation response documents
Please find below the responses to consultations carried out from 2002 onwards. For any consultations conducted before 2002 please contact the Policy Branch - you can find a link to the relevant contact details in the 'Related Items box'.
- Learning to Drive - Report on Consultation
This paper reports on the results of the Learning to Drive consultation, which set out proposals to reform the way that people learn to drive and are tested.
- Driving Standards Agency Fees 2009
Consultation response for DSA’s proposed fee structure for 2009.
- Introducing the New practical motorcycling test
This paper is a response to the Consultation Paper which sought views on a proposal to introduce a new practical motorcycling test and associated fees.
- Closure of Southend driving test centre
Following consultation, the Agency is to cease car practical testing at Southend on 5 December 2008 and the service will be transferred to the new Multi Purpose Test Centre at Basildon.
- Driver Certification of Professional Competence Further Implementation Arrangements
Further Implementation Arrangements - Report on Consultation.
- Improved Services For Customers And General Fee Increases For 2008
On 30 August 2007, we published a Consultation Paper: Improved Services for Customers and General Fee Increases for 2008 seeking views on a package of 15 proposals which sought to introduce: • improved services for customers • general fee increases for 2008
- Service Improvements, Safety Related Measures & General Fee Increases and Recording and Monitoring Periodic Training for the Driver CPC
This paper reports on the results of two consultations which started in Autumn 2006 and ended early in 2007. The consultations sought views on a package of improvements to training and testing procedures, new fees and proposals for the recording and monitoring of Driver CPC qualifications and training. Many of the improvements will be introduced on 2 April 2007.
- Developmental Training for Qualified Motorcyclists
This Paper reports on the results of the consultation exercise: Developmental Training for Qualified Motorcyclists which sought views on the Agency’s plan to introduce a voluntary assurance scheme for motorcycle trainers who deliver developmental training to qualified motorcyclists.
- Response to Highway Code Consultation
This paper reports on the results of the consultation which started in February and ended in May 2006. This consultation sought views on revising the Highway Code.
- Certificate of Professional Competence(CPC) for professional lorry and bus drivers
In November 2005, DSA and DVTA consulted interested parties about the implementation of Directive 2003/59/EC. This will introduce a requirement for professional drivers of buses, coaches and lorries to hold a Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC), awarded by an Initial Qualification (for new drivers) and 5-yearly Periodic Training (for all drivers).
- DSA Fees for 2005-06 and 2006-07
This letter reports on the results of the fees consultation, 2005
- Modernising the arrangements for taking driving tests
Earlier this year the Driving Standards Agency (DSA) issued a Consultation Paper seeking views on a number of proposed changes to modernise the arrangements for theory and practical tests taken by drivers and instructors.
- DSA fees and charges 2004-5
This letter reports on the results of the above consultation exercise and Ministers’ decisions on the way forward. The changes outlined in this letter will come into effect on 8 December 2004. A schedule at Annex A gives details of fees and charges effective from that date.
- Delivering the new practical motorcycling test
In December 2002, the Driving Standards Agency (DSA) issued a Consultation Paper about how to add new, more challenging, special manoeuvres to the practical riding test taken by learner motorcyclists, as required by European law.
- Fees and other matters consultation
This letter reports on the results of the fees and other matters consultation, 2003
- Modernising the young LGV drivers scheme
This is the response to a Consultation Paper seeking views on the proposals to modernise the young LGV drivers scheme.
- Fees for driving tests and related matters
This is the response to a Consultation Paper which sought views on the Agency’s plans for adding Hazard Perception Testing into the driving theory test and to a Consultation Paper about proposed increases for 2002/3 in several of its fees and charges.