Research and Evaluation from the Enterprise Directorate Analytical Unit
Research and evaluation is an integral part of the policy work in the Enterprise Directorate and contributes to the policy development cycle by:
- using research to determine the need (or rationale) for a policy or programme
- defining a policy/programme's objectives
- appraising the options for achieving these objectives
- monitoring progress
- evaluating effectiveness and cost effectiveness
- feeding the results back into the further refinement and development of policy.
Previous research and evaluation reports produced by the Analytical Unit can be accessed from the links below.