Ofsted direct: Early years: Total (5)
Ofsted has a large catalogue of publications.
To browse the sub-section you are in, please use the A–Z displayed above.
To browse by date, please use the navigation below.
To search for publications by title or key word, please use the search facility featured below.
Ofsted Direct: Early Years is a quarterly newsletter which replaces the former ‘Early Years Bulletin’. It is for early years professionals in local authorities, providers and their representative organisations, government and interest groups. This issue contains articles on:
- findings from the first early years rapid response report ‘Early doors: experiences for children in day care in the first hour of the day’
- contacting Ofsted under the new structure
- quality focus on the first outcome for children, being healthy
- reports roundup.
- 20 Jan 2006
This is the second edition of Ofsted Direct: Early Years, a quarterly newsletter for early years professionals in local authorities, providers and their representative organisations, government and interest groups. This issue includes updates on:
- healthy eating in childcare settings
- best practice on this months' outcome: Staying Safe
- the inspection of children's centres
- what providers think of Ofsted
- the progress and implications of the Childcare Bill.
- 11 May 2006
This is the third issue of Ofsted Direct: Early Years, a quarterly newsletter for early years professionals in local authorities, providers and their representative organisations, government and interest groups. This issue includes updates on:
- the childcare implications of the newly passed Childcare Act 2006 for parents, childcare providers and local authorities
- examples of outstanding practice in helping children enjoy and achieve
- a preview of the important report, Early Years: Safe and sound
- the changes to how we treat complaints and publish the results
- a final report on what providers think of Ofsted.
- 28 Aug 2006
This edition of Ofsted Direct includes articles on the forthcoming celebration of providers judged outstanding, which this year includes childcare providers for the first time. It also contains:
- update on plans for the new shape of Ofsted, and what this means for providers
- review of the pilot inspections of children's centres
- information on the survey of national childcare chains, focusing particularly on how inspection of one setting in a chain can benefit the other members
- a review of a recent report, Making a difference, which looks at the how inspection helps 'inadequate' providers to improve
- an introduction to the new HMCI.
- 27 Oct 2006
This issue focuses on the introduction of the voluntary childcare register, the new Ofsted due to come into being on 1 April 2007 and an interview with two outstanding providers to find out their thoughts on their achievement and the lunchtime reception held to celebrate their success. There are also articles on:
- best practice in making a positive contribution in relation to the Every Child Matters agenda
- Ofsted annual provider survey
- the registered person in a childcare setting.
- 26 Jan 2007