This snapshot, taken on
, shows web content acquired for preservation by The National Archives. External links, forms and search may not work in archived websites and contact details are likely to be out of date.
The UK Government Web Archive does not use cookies but some may be left in your browser from archived websites.
Skip navigation

Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS)


If you want to study a postgraduate course in the United Kingdom, you may need to apply for an ATAS certificate.

You may also need an ATAS Certificate if you wish to Research here for longer than 6 months.

You will need this before you apply for your Visa. ATAS is only required for certain courses. You need to check if you are affected before you apply for your Visa.

Do I Need An ATAS Certificate?

Do you need an ATAS certificate? Click here to find out.

What is ATAS?

A summary of what the ATAS scheme is all about.

ATAS Apply Online

Apply for your ATAS certificate here.

What do I need to complete the ATAS application form?

Checklist and guidance for students who need to complete the ATAS application

Frequently asked questions

Common questions about ATAS and the application process

Contact ATAS

Get in touch with our ATAS Team

Our privacy policy

A summary of our Privacy Policy

Share this with: