Before contacting us, you may find the answer you are looking for in our current list of frequently asked questions.
To contact us by email
To call us
- 08456 404045 about education, adult skills, or local authority children's services
- 08456 014772 if you want to make a complaint or have a concern about any service for children and young people (08.00 to 18.00)
- 08456 404040 about any other aspect of our work
- 18001 prefix for Typetalk
- 60085 for text messages. Please note that in instances where we are unable to send a full reply by text message - for example, if the reply will be very long - we will send a text message offering to telephone you to discuss your query
- 0161 618 8524 for textphone/Minicom users.
- 08456 404046 is the number for our whistleblowers hotline currently being piloted. However before you call please read the whistleblowers page on the left.
These helplines are available from 08.00 to 20.00, Monday to Friday.
To write to us
Royal Exchange Buildings
St Ann's Square
The majority of Ofsted's reports and publications can be downloaded free from our website.
A small number of documents and publications are also available in printed format. The web page for each publication gives details if a printed version is available.
Printed publications should be ordered from the Ofsted publications centre:
- telephone 07002 637833
- fax 07002 693274.
If you would like a version of one of our publications in an alternative format, such as Braille or large print, please telephone 08456 404040 or email email@example.com.
Ofsted News is a regular e-magazine for all the services we inspect and regulate. See the latest edition and find out how to subscribe.
We also publish talisman, a monthly newspaper for the Further Education and Adult Learning sector. You can subscribe for a copy to be posted to you, or to be prompted when the pdf version is ready for you to download and print: find out how.