Working for us
- considering a career with us
- looking for work experience from school, or a placement during your second undergraduate year
- thinking about becoming one of our suppliers
- already with the FCO and looking for help or advice with a family matter
this is where you can get the answers you need.
A day in the life...
Are you a student? Thinking about applying for a job at the Foreign & Commonwealth Office? Want to know what it's like to work for the Office? If so, you may be interested in the many annual work experience placements we offer each year.
Find out how our Undergraduate placements got on last year.
Working for us
- Diplomatic Service Families Association
- What's it like
- International secondments
- Work experience
- Contracts & procurement
Recent news and events
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office is ranked in Stonewall’s top 100 LGBT-friendly employers.
Foreign Office Minister, Gillian Merron, commented on the tenth anniversary of the FCO's Lesbian, Gay and Transgender Group.
Ms Julie Chappell OBE has been appointed Her Majesty's Ambassador to the Republic of Guatemala and Her Majesty's Non-Resident Ambassador to the Republic of El Salvador and the Republic of Honduras
Want to know what it's like to work overseas with the FCO?
Departmental report 2008
Read about our achievements over the past year.
Current vacanciesFind out what job vacancies we are currently recruiting for.
Subscribe to our latest vacancies
Receive notifications of the latest vacancies on the FCO website.