Working for Ofsted
Then you’ve come to the right place.
Ofsted touches the lives of millions of people in England every day. In fact, at least one in every three people use the services we inspect or regulate across education, children’s services and skills.
Broadly speaking that means:
- 1.5 million children and their parents who benefit from early years childcare services
- 8.2 million children and young people in schools
- 3.6 million people in colleges
- 300,000 children receiving social care services
- 1.3 million learners in the workplace or the community
- 200,000 people receiving training and support to help them find employment.
We hope our work gives support to raising standards and improving lives for citizens, including all children, young people and learners of all ages.
By far our biggest asset is our people. It’s their knowledge, expertise and commitment that enable us to deliver our extensive programme of regulatory and inspection activities.
They command confidence through being clear and authoritative. And they carry out their work without fear or favour in an organisation that is committed to equality and diversity, and to processes and procedures that are fair, objective, transparent and free from discrimination.
Above all, our people are passionate about achieving excellence in the care of children and young people, and in education and skills for learners of all ages.
Do you share our passion?