Checklist and summary
- The content and purpose of any cookie that is delivered by your website should always be communicated to the user.
- Users should have the ability to refuse a cookie without it affecting the basic usability of your website.
- Your website should notify your users if technical features of your site will be degraded as a result of their declining to accept cookies from it.
- Cookies provide a way to track individual users' usage of your website. The ability to identify a specific user opens the possibility of having your website deliver content customised to individual users' interests and needs.
- Using cookies to track individual users' usage of your website raises concerns about their privacy. The user privacy implications of any proposed cookie regime should be investigated and understood before deployment.