Browsealoud is a solution that allows visitors the option of having website content read to them. As the website visitor moves the cursor over text, it is spoken aloud. Browsealoud is free to download and you have control over the voice, word pronunciations and speech highlighting.
Browsealoud currently supports following browsers:
- IE4 upwards
- All MSN versions
- All Compuserve versions
- All AOL versions
- Netscape 4 upwards
In addition we support accessible Java, Flash and Math Equations.
MAC OSX (apple 10.2.8) users have speech built into the computer. The safari browser has speech options.
See External Links for a link to obtain Browsealoud
Keyboard shortcuts are intended to help users who have difficulty in using pointing devices such as a mouse.
This website uses the UK government access key system and the following information details each of the keyboard shortcut commands available to you.
[S] Skip Navigation
 Home Page
 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
 Complaints Procedure
 Feedback Form
 Access Key Details (this page)
Depending on your browser type use one of the following:
- Internet Explorer 5+: Hold down the ALT key and select the number/letter of the access key, then press ENTER.
- Internet Explorer 4: Hold down the ALT key and select the number/letter of the access key.
- Internet Explorer 5+ for Mac: Hold down the CTRL key and select the number/letter of the access key
- Internet Explorer 4.5 for Mac: Access keys are not supported.
- Netscape 6+: Hold down the ALT key and select the number/letter of the access key.
- Netscape earlier versions: Access keys are not supported.
- Mozilla: Hold down the ALT key and select the number/letter of the access key.