Welcome to the website of the Legal Services Commission
We run the legal aid scheme in England and Wales.
We provide information, advice and legal representation to help two million people each year access justice.
The Community Legal Service (CLS) helps people with civil legal problems such as family breakdown, debt and housing. The Criminal Defence Service (CDS) helps people who are under police investigation or facing criminal charges.
- Our Reading office is moving
- Improving your Quality guides - Employment - 2nd edition
- Press Release: Debt & eviction helpline to expand to help families in crisis
- Extension to deadline for increase in allocation of new matter starts
- Tender due for family telephone advice contracts