Published on: 19 May 2008
This is the first annual report for the Ministry of Justice, which was created in 2007.
It contains details of how the ministry has performed against its targets and objectives over the past year, in line with the 2007 Comprehensive Spending Review objectives and its delivery targets - including efficiency and value for money.
The report also contains the annual financial accounts for 2007/08.
- Ministry of Justice Departmental Report 2007-08 [PDF 3.67mb, 160 pages]
Download the report by section
- Foreword and executive summary [PDF 0.62mb, 16 pages]
- Chapter 1 - Purpose [PDF 0.48mb, 4 pages]
- Chapter 2 - Performance in 2007-08 [PDF 0.41mb, 12 pages]
- Chapter 3 - Democracy, constitution and the law [PDF 0.50mb, 10 pages]
- Chapter 4 - Access to Justice [PDF 0.49mb, 22 pages]
- Chapter 5 - National Offender Management Service [PDF 0.54mb, 12 pages]
- Chapter 6 - Criminal Justice [PDF 0.49mb, 12 pages]
- Chapter 7 - Delivering for the public [PDF 0.60mb, 24 pages]
- Chapter 8 - Ministry of Justice agencies and other offices [PDF 0.49mb, 10 pages]
- Chapter 9 - Accounts [PDF 0.60mb, 31 pages]
- Annex A - Organisation chart [PDF 0.32mb, 7 pages]