Any person applying for a post in the Ministry of Justice must meet the following requirements:
1. You must be either:
- a United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland national
- a Commonwealth citizen or a British protected person
- a national of the European Economic Area (EEA), including Switzerland
- a Turkish national who has been lawfully employed in the UK for four years in any job, or lawfully employed for three years in a job within the same occupation as the post they wish to take up within the civil service
- a non-EEA national who is the family member of an EEA, Swiss or qualifying Turkish national (as above) from another member state (non-UK) who has moved to the UK for an approved purpose
2. You must not have:
- been convicted of a serious offence
- received a custodial sentence of four years or more
- been dismissed from Her Majesty's Service (i.e. by court martial)
- had any unspent convictions for theft, fraud or violence
- been an undischarged bankrupt
3. You must have the right to take up employment within the UK.
4. You must have the experience and qualifications specified in the advert.