Judicial Appointments 8th Report 2005-2006
This Eighth Judicial Appointments Report covers the 6 month period October 2005 to end March 2006, but also includes overall summary information for the full financial year.
The report is divided into a narrative section (including information on: appointments to the high court; magistrates’ appointments; and the work on improving judicial diversity), a section detailing the senior appointments made and overall magistrates' appointment figures, and two sections of statistical data for the period.
- Part one: narrative report [PDF 367kb, 16 pages]
This section sets out the scope and context for the report, including information about the new bodies established in April 2006 under the Constitutional Reform Act 2005, recruitment of magistrates and the importance of the work on increasing the diversity of the judiciary.
- Part two: senior appointments and magistrates' appointments [PDF 108kb, 5 pages]
Part two contains a detailed breakdown of senior appointments made and a comparative table of overall lay magistrates appointment figures.
- Part three: summary tables
This section contains summary tables for the 6 and 12 month period, allowing comparative analysis with last years’ and previous years’ figures.
- Part four: competition tables
Part four provides a detailed diversity breakdown of the results for each competition held during the 6 month period covered, in tabular form.
Judicial competition statistical tables, summary tables for 6 month period:
1 October 2005 to 31 March 2006
Judicial competition statistical tables, summary tables for 12 month period:
1 April 2005 to 31 March 2006
Judicial competition statistical tables, individual competitions
- Table 1 – High Court Judge 2005
- Table 2 – Circuit Judge, England and Wales, 2005-2006
- Table 3 – Specialist Circuit Judge, Technology & Construction Court, Salford, 2006
- Table 4 – Specialist Chancery and Mercantile Judge, North Eastern Circuit, 2005
- Table 5 – Specialist Mercantile Circuit Judge, Birmingham Civil Justice Centre, 2006
- Table 6 – Specialist Chancery Circuit Judge, Northern Circuit
- Table 7 – Vice Judge Advocate General, 2005
- Table 8 – Assistant Judge Advocate General, 2005
- Table 9 – Deputy Costs Judge, 2005-2006
- Table 10 – District Judge Principal Registry of the Family Division, 2005-2006
- Table 11 – Costs Judge, 2005-2006
- Table 12 – Salaried Senior Immigration Judge of the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal
- Table 13 – Fee-Paid Deputy Chairman of the Information Tribunal
- Table 14 – Fee-Paid Lay Members of the Information Tribunal
- Table 15 – Deputy President to the Adjudication Panel
- Table 16 – Salaried Surveyor Member of the Lands Tribunal, 2004-2005
- Table 17 – Fee-Paid Lawyer Chairman in the Residential Property Tribunal
- Table 18 – Salaried Chairman of the Employment Tribunal 2005
- Table 19 – Fee-Paid Chairman of the Competition Appeal Tribunal
Appointments from the Reserve List (1 October 2005 – 31 March 2006)
© Crown Copyright