Jump to navigation

Freedom of information

This section explains what information we currently publish and what you can request under the Freedom of Information Act.

The Freedom of Information Act gives anybody the right to access information held by public authorities, including central government departments. This means that you can make an information request to us.

Public authorities include central goverment departments like the Home Office, local authorities and councils, GPs and hospitals, schools and other educational establishments, the police service and armed forces, and other public bodies.

Note: the act covers England, Wales and Northern Ireland. For information on Freedom of Information in Scotland, please see the website of the Scottish Executive (new window).

Visit the Home Office Freedom of Information pages

To find out how to make an information request, read the Home Office publication scheme or view information requests the Home Office has previously released, visit:

www.homeoffice.gov.uk/about-us/freedom-of-information (new window)

Home Office websites