Before contacting us, you may find the answer you are looking for in our current list of frequently asked questions.
To contact us by email:
To call us:
- 08456 404045 about education, adult skills, or local authority children's services
- 08456 014772 if you want to make a complaint or have a concern about any service for children and young people (08.00 to 18.00)
- 08456 404040 about any other aspect of our work.
- 18001 prefix for Typetalk
- 60085 for text messages. Please note that in instances where we are unable to send a full reply by text message - for example, if the reply will be very long - we will send a text message offering to telephone you to discuss your query
- 0161 618 8524 for textphone/Minicom users.
These helplines are available from 08.00 to 20.00, Monday to Friday.
To write to us:
Royal Exchange Buildings
St Ann's Square
The majority of Ofsted's reports and publications can be downloaded free from our website.
A small number of documents and publications are also available in printed format. The web page for each publication gives details if a printed version is available.
Printed publications should be ordered from the Ofsted publications centre:
- telephone 07002 637833
- fax 07002 693274.
If you would like a version of one of our publications in an alternative format, such as Braille or large print, please telephone 08456 404040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ofsted News is a regular e-magazine for all the services we inspect and regulate. See the latest edition and find out how to subscribe.
We also publish talisman, a monthly newspaper for the Further Education and Adult Learning sector. You can subscribe for a copy to be posted to you, or to be prompted when the pdf version is ready for you to download and print: find out how.