Website of the UK government

Please note that this website has a UK government accesskeys system.

Public services all in one place

Main menu

Appeal against a benefit decision (leaflet GL24)

If you do not agree with a decision made by the Jobcentre Plus or Pensions Service about a social security benefit you have claimed or are receiving, then you can usually ask an independent tribunal to decide whether or not the decision is correct.


Leaflet GL24, 'If you think our decision is wrong', gives information on what you can do if you have applied for a social security benefit, but think a decision is wrong. The leaflet explains what you can do for different types of benefit decisions.

Additional links

Local Directgov

Connect to your local authority and find out which online services they provide

PDF files

To view PDF files you need Adobe Reader. The program is freely available if you do not already have it

Access keys