Welcome to Dartmoor National Park Authority's Education Service web pages. The site is designed to help you find exactly what you are looking for.
- The Student Area uses Dartmoor's rich diversity of landscape, wildlife and cultural heritage to suggest topics that you might find interesting to study in greater depth. The Themes to study page suggests broad areas of interest with links to other resources within the whole of the National Park Authority web site. The Travel and Tourism page is specifically designed for those students who are doing vocational qualifications in either travel and tourism or leisure and recreation. There is a case study of Erosion on Haytor with photographs showing erosion scars before and after repair works. Finally, we have a Student Gallery - if you would like your work included please contact us.
- Go to the Printable Resources section for downloads of Factsheets and leaflets, Posters and Maps that give detailed information about the National Park's special qualities and some of the ways that the National Park Authority works.
- The Teachers & Group leaders area provides an introduction and overview of the services we offer.
- The Education Service Guide Hire Pages give guidelines for those who are planning to use our services when they visit Dartmoor - whether they are UK school or those from abroad. The Guide Hire Booking Conditions page tells you about the service we offer and the Event Enquiry allows you to check our availability for dates that you plan to visit. The Foreign Language Guide Hire page is specifically for groups visiting from abroad on cultural and language exchanges - we offer four fantastic guided walks that give a real introduction to magnificence of Dartmoor.
- We offer an Education Grant to support opportunities for learning on or about Dartmoor and the work of the National Park Authority. Anyone representing or involved with a group that promotes education can apply. The grant does not fund individuals.
- We have links to other web sites offering information about the weather, Military firing times and the annual Ten Tors event.
- Learn about some of Dartmoor's key locations, take an interactive virtual tour on www.virtuallydartmoor.org.uk (external site, opens new window)