Pre-Budget Report 2001
Tuesday 27th November 2001.
Additional publications relating to the Report will also be available from the HM Treasury Web Site.
Portable Document Format (PDF) files
Documents marked PDF are in Portable Document Format, to view a PDF document you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. These documents are also available as compressed files to make downloading them faster. Depending on your browser setup, clicking on the link may open the document in the browser window. With large files, a delay can give the impression that the document is not downloading. If you prefer to save the document directly to your hard drive:
- PC users - right-click on the link, and then select the save option.
- Apple Mac users - point to the link and hold down the mouse button, and then select the save option.
Compressed (zipped) files
The documents will also be available in a compressed format called 'zip' to make downloading them faster. To uncompress these files, you will need special zip software.
- All the news releases in one compressed file (ZIP 172K)
- All the related information in one compressed file (ZIP 1.02M)
Inland Revenue and HM Treasury
Inland Revenue & Customs and Excise
Customs and Excise
- A review of small business taxation: Summary of responses to March 2001 Technical Note and details of further consultation (PDF 18K)
- Taxation of intellectual property, goodwill and other intangible assets: draft legislation (PDF 740K)
- Responses to the July 2001 Large Business Taxation Consultation - An exemption for substantial shareholdings (PDF 273K)
Review of Links With Business
Partial Regulatory Impact Assesments
- Exemption for gains and losses on substantial shareholdings (PDF 22K)
- Reform of the Taxation of Intangible Assets (PDF 24K)
Double Taxation Relief
Review of Payroll Services - Patrick Carter
- Review of Payroll Services - Patrick Carter; (PDF 138K)
- Consultation Note: Review of Payroll Services - Patrick Carter. (PDF 6K)