Access to information
Welcome to Defra's Access to information pages.
On 1 January 2005, the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 and the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act 2000 came fully into force. These were followed by the Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations which came into effect on 1 July 2005.
The purpose of this site is to explain what these pieces of legislation mean, how to make a request and how your request will be handled. It also describes the wide range of information which Defra already publishes and where to find it.
What would you like to know?
- Read about the Publication Scheme
- Read about the Information Asset Register
- See what information has been released under the Freedom of Information Act and Environmental Information Regulations
Find out more about the legislation
- Find out more about environmental information (the Environmental Information Regulations)
- Find out more about the Freedom of Information Act
- Find out more about personal data (the Data Protection Act)
- Find out more about re-using Defra's information (the Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations)
- Find out how to request information
- Request form
- Find out how to make a request to re-use information
- See what information has been released
- See what guidance Defra has provided for staff
- Find out about Defra's complaints procedures
- See what information Defra has on consultation exercises
- Find out about Defra's Accessibility Commitment
Page last modified: 6 April 2006