About Click-Use Licences
Click-use is the term used to describe our online licences for the re-use of:
- Crown copyright information
- Public Sector Information
- Parliamentary copyright information
There are three Click-Use Licences. These are:
- the PSI Licence - formerly known as the Core Licence. It covers core Crown copyright information and Public Sector Information.
- the Valued Added Licence - this covers value added Crown copyright information.
- the Parliamentary Licence - this covers Parliamentary copyright information
There is no charge for the PSI Licence or the Parliamentary Licence. There may be a charge for the Value Added Licence depending on the type and amount of Crown copyright information being re-used. Details of the charges can be found on the Value Added Licence Information page.
Some Crown copyright material is covered by waiver conditions. This covers material where copyright is asserted, but waived. Waiver material can be re-used free of charge without requiring a formal licence provided that it is:
- not used in a misleading way
- reproduced accurately and kept up to date
For further details about what is subject to the waiver you should read the guidance notes on the Copyright Guidance section of the website.
Bills of Parliament are covered by waiver conditions and are the subject of a guidance note in Copyright Guidance section of the website.
What you need to do
Before making a licence application you need to decide what category of material it is that you want to re-use, to do this you should read the PSI Licence Information, Value Added Licence Information and Parliamentary Licence Information pages.
To apply for a licence visit Click Use, our online licensing system. First register with us for a user account. Registration is free and with your username and password you can login to your account to apply for licences and check what licences you have.