The UK BAP is implemented by various groups each performing essential roles.
- The Lead Partners and the LBAP officers carry out the day-to-day conservation work outlined in their action plans
- The UK Biodiversity Standing Committee's role is to guide and support the UK Biodiversity Partnership in implementing the UK Biodiversity Action Plan
- The Standing Committee is supported by two groups - the Biodiversity Research Advisory Group (BRAG) and the Biodiversity Reporting and Information Group (BRIG)
- BRAG provides advice about biodiversity research priorities and co-ordination in the UK
- BRIG maintains the relevance of the UK lists of HAPs and SAPs taking account of developing information and policy
- These groups, together with the Country Biodiversity Groups, all form part of the UK Biodiversity Partnership that meets annually