Importance of Fitness
There are many reasons why it is important that Royal Naval personnel maintain a high level of fitness. The main positive benefits of being fit are:
- Improved fitness to fight and ability to cope with the physical demands of life at sea
- Improved confidence in own capabilities and in the physical robustness and determination of other members of the team
- Improved physical ability, which in turn maximises resistance to injury and extremes of heat; fitter people are also likely to recover more quickly from injury and physical stress
- Improved alertness and reduced levels of psychological stress
- Improved good health, now and in later life
It is, therefore, important that when you join the Royal Navy as a new recruit, you are fit enough to cope with the rigours of New Entry Training.