On 15 March 2005, the Department for Education and Skills (now the Department for Children Schools and Families) published the e-Strategy 'Harnessing Technology: Transforming learning and children's services'. You can find out more about the e-strategy on the DCSF website.
This strategy describes the use of digital and interactive technologies to achieve a more personalised approach within all areas of education and children's services. It is an ambitious strategy covering all sectors for the next five years and beyond.
The strategy addresses priorities in workforce development, organisational change, personalisation of learning, content, access and the procurement of services and identifies six priorities which will apply to 14-19 and lifelong learning as well as schools and children's services, including:
- an integrated online information service for all citizens
- integrated online personal support for children and learners
- a collaborative approach to personalised learning activities
- a good quality ICT training and support package for practitioners
- a leadership and development package for organisational capability in ICT
- a common digital infrastructure to support transformation and reform.
Published: 05 September 2006
Last modified: 26 October 2007